Music promoter condemns Hillbrow theatre killing

gun shotBy GIFT NDOLWANE
JOHANNESBURG, (CAJ News) – THE music promoter who organised the ill-fated show that left a Zimbabwean national dead and several others injured when a gunman ran rampage at a show in South Africa has broken his silence over the tragedy.
A man, still at large at the time of filing this report, ran berserk at the music concert in Hillbrow, Johannesburg on Sunday after claiming his mobile phone had been stolen.
He shot randomly at revellers before fleeing on foot.
In an interview with CAJ News Africa, Underground Entertainment, Phakama Nkomo, expressed regret at the turn of events.
“Unfortunately or fortunately artists could not witness the incident as they were back stage,” said Nkomo.
He expressed solidarity with the families of the deceased and the injured.
“Our condolences to the friends and family of the deceased. Also, our heartfelt sympathies to those who were injured.”
Nkomo pledged to cooperate with authorities during investigations.
“We are in shock and will continue to find ways to deal with this incident this week,” the promoter said.
– CAJ News

Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=22153

Posted by on Aug 28 2017. Filed under Africa & World, Featured, National, Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.