MTN extends PSL partnership

JOHANNESBURG, (CAJ News) – MOBILE network operator, MTN, has extended its sponsorship of South Africa’s top eight football tournament by five years.

The new deal between Premier Soccer League and MTN will run up to 2022.

Dr Irvin Khoza, PSL Chairman, and MTN SA Chief Consumer Officer, MTN SA Larry Annetts, announced the new deal in Johannesburg on Tuesday afternoon.

Khoza said for the past eight years, MTN had been a valuable partner to the League, and as they renewed their partnership they hoped this relationship would grow stronger and continue to be a mutually benefiting one.

“We thank MTN for once again trusting this strong brand of football to carry their message and to connect with the millions of passionate football supporters in this country. Through this renewal with MTN, we are once again reminded that football remains a very attractive platform for the corporate world,” said Khoza.

Annetts expressed excitement.

“We are pleased to not only be announcing the extension of our sponsorship deal with the PSL for another five years, but also launching the latest instalment of the MTN8 Wafa Wafa tournament,” said Annetts.

The 2016/17 edition of the popular tournament will kick off on Friday, 26 August 2016 with the 2015/16 Premier Soccer League top eight finishers all fighting it out for one of the most lucrative cup competitions on the African continent, with the winning team set to pocket a whopping R8 million.

CAJ News

Short URL:

Posted by on Aug 17 2016. Filed under Featured, Football, Sports. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.