Defence issues warning to saboteurs

Ng defenceby EMEKA OKONKWO

ABUJA, (CAJ News) -‪ THE Nigeria Defence insisted it was on high alert to quell any acts of sabotage following reports an unnamed group planned to stage protests.

It said its attention had been drawn to “some newspaper publication” by a group of persons threatened to embark on sabotage against the state.‬

‪”The DHQ hereby warned that the military and other security agencies will not condone any acts by individuals or group that is capable of breach to security and economic sabotage in the Niger Delta or in any part of the country,” Rabe Abubakar, ‪Director of Defence Information‬, said.

He said this was because, the nation’s interest is above that of individual or group’s interest.‬
‪In as much as the military recognizes the supremacy of the Constitution which guarantees freedom of expression and association, he said, the Constitution also frowned against individuals or groups hiding under it to stir up trouble and insecurity in the land.

“Any individual or groups who have genuine complain or grievances should use the available means of dialogue for amicable resolution but certainly not violence, as it will not be tolerated.‬”

Abubakar said DHQ will continue to partner with other security agencies to protect and provide enabling environment to all citizens to engage in their respective and legitimate businesses without fear of molestation.‬

CAJ News

Short URL:

Posted by on Feb 5 2016. Filed under Africa & World, Featured, National, News, Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.