March planned to demand rescue of Chibok girls
From OKORO CHINEDU in Lagos, Nigeria
LAGOS, (CAJ News) – MEMBERS of the Bring Back our Girls Group (BBOG) will on Thursday march to the Presidential Villa amid displeasure at the continued failure to facilitate the release of more than 200 schoolgirls the Boko Haram abducted in 2014.
Oby Ezekwesili, the co-founder of the Lagos-based advocacy group, said the subsequent meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, followed the recent Media Chat when the President made some remarks BBOG found discouraging.
During the session with the media Buhari was quoted as saying there were no reliable intelligence reports concerning the whereabouts of the girls that were abducted in Chibok, Borno State.
Little progress has been made to free the girls since Buhari attained power last year following a pre-election pledge to rescue the minors.
“We will walk all the way to the Villa (in Abuja) and we will remind the president of the promise he made,” Ezekwesili said of the march.
“We will continue to demand of our government that Nigerian lives matter!”
Thursday will also mark the 640th day since the militant Islamic sect kidnapped the 276 schoolgirls from their hostels.
They are yet to be rescued.
– CAJ News
Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=10858