Premier demands answers over latest terror attacks

Boko h latest attacksFrom EMEKA OKONKWO in Abuja

ABUJA, (CAJ News) – NIGERIA’s Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed,must be held accountable for the latest Boko Haram attacks, a governor has said.

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, raised concern the deadly attacks came after Mohammed had reportedly declared the Islamic militant sect had been ‘technically defeated.’

“If Boko Haram had indeed been technically defeated as Lai Mohammed madeNigerians to believe, what do we call the Sunday and Monday attacks inMaiduguri, Borno State capital and Madagali, Adamawa State?” asked Fayose.

“Should we say that the ‘technically’ defeated Boko Haram insurgents attacked Borno and Adamawa States, killing close to 100 Nigerians and injuring several others?”He demanded an explanation.

“Only Lai Mohammed who told Nigerians that Boko Haram had been technically defeated can tell us what happened and he must have to explain how ‘technically defeated’ insurgents could carry out such deadly attacks.”

The Boko Haram attacks have claimed the lives of some 20 000 people and displaced more than 2 million.

Nigeria President Muhammadu Buhari had given a year-end deadline to eliminate the sect.

– CAJ News

Short URL:

Posted by on Dec 30 2015. Filed under Africa & World, Featured, National, Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.