UK slams incessant Boko Haram suicide bombings
LAGOS, (CAJ News) – THE United Kingdom Minister for Africa, James Duddridge, has condemned the wave of attacks the Boko Haram sect has recently carried out in Nigeria.
Duddridge noted scores of civilians had been killed following the attacks that were more pronounced on Sunday and Monday.
At least 80 people were killed in separate attacks, including an onslaughtat a mosque, in Borno State.
“Boko Haram attacks on civilians in recent days, some of whom were atprayer in a mosque, show a contemptible disregard for human life,” said Duddridge.“I utterly condemn them. Our thoughts are with the families of those wholost their lives or were injured,” the minister added.
He said the UK continued to support the Nigerian authorities as they fightterrorism and to provide aid to those suffering because of Boko Haram’sactions.Nigeria, a former British colony, is suffering an onslaught from theIslamic militant sect whose reign of terror has claimed some 20 000 livesand displaced over 2 million.The crisis has spilled to neighbouring countries. – CAJ News
Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=10688