NEMA refutes media reports on funds release


ABUJA, (CAJ News) -NIGERIA’s National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has denied media reports suggesting the Federal Government has released funds for the rehabilitation of victims in the North East.

The denial follows reports N3 billion had been released to the Presidential Initiatives in the North East (PINE) and N53 billion to Victim Support Funds (VSF).

NEMA Senior Information Officer, Sani Datti, said the story was “misquoted, misrepresented out of context” with what the Director General presented at the second meeting of Safe School Leaders meeting in Tehran, Iran recently.

Datti thus asked members of the public and media to disregard the said misrepresented story.

CAJ News

Short URL:

Posted by on Oct 14 2015. Filed under Featured. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.