TiGO allocates U$100 million to replace stolen property


TiGo one of the top 5 mobile operators in Ghana suffered huge thefts recently

From RUSSELL ADADEVOH in Accra, Ghana
ACCARA, (CAJ News) – TIGO, the Ghanaian mobile telecommunications operator, is investing
US$100 million to upgrade its network amid rampant damage and theft of infrastructure.

TiGo Chief Technical and Information Officer, Ron Reddick, made the announcement to journalists saying his company would invest to replace the stolen cables and batteries in order to give customers a reliable and stable network.

Reddick said the $100 million cash injection would improve the quality of service as well as increasing and optimize network performance and coverage throughout the country.

He said TiGo would embark on installing a new total of 275 cell sites nationwide covering the Greater Accra, Ashanti and Western regions.

“We are reinforcing our security measures to safeguard all our properties in our cell sites,” Reddick

Rampant infrastructure damage by vandals has cost TiGo significantly.

This has left more than 900 batteries stolen from TiGo cell sites nationwide between last year and the first six months of the current year.

TiGo is the fifth biggest operator in the West African country

– CAJ News

Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=6778

Posted by on Jul 15 2015. Filed under Africa & World, Featured, Finance, Finance & Banking, Investing, Mobile & Telecoms, News, Technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.