Two killed as Borno suicide bomb attack backfiresfrom AUGUSTINE OSAYANDE in Abuja, Nigeria
ABUJA, (CAJ News) – TWO females have reportedly been killed in the Borno State following a botched suicide bombing attack.
The abortive attempt is said to have occurred at the Auno village of Konduga local government area of the state.
According to witnesses, the would-be suicide bombers were killed after the improvised explosive devices (IEDs) strapped on them accidentally detonated.
According to a villager, the two females were waiting in Auno for a commercial vehicle to convey them to Maiduguri Monday Market where they had been programmed to detonate the bombs.
An eyewitness, Modu Bukar, said the IEDs scattered the bodies of the suicide bombers.
At least seven other people were injured and rushed to Maiduguri General Hospital.
“The suicide bombers were said to have been brought from Damaturu by one suspected Boko Haram terrorist who dropped them in Jajana and told them to take a bus to the next town.
“On reaching Auno they thought it was Maiduguri and they start asking about Maiduguri Monday Market. We were told that their master dropped them in Jakana because he knew that it would be very difficult for them to beat security checkpoint and get entrance Maiduguri into the town,” said Bukar.
Another resident of the village, Mallam Mohammdu Abor, said he saw the bodies of the suicide bombers by the roadside.
He said the people of the town were standing at a distance from the bodies as they were apprehensive that they might still have undetonated explosives on them.
Spokesman of youth vigilante group in Borno State, Jibrin Gunda, said he had been informed about the incident but his group had intensified stop-and-search operations.
“There is no way for suicide bombers to can gain entrance into Maiduguri,” Gunda insisted.
– CAJ News
Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=4907