Army shrugs off British media allegations of mutiny

 Nigeria

Nigeria military

from AUGUSTINE OSAYANDE in Abuja, Nigeria
ABUJA – THE man said to be a soldier in a video interview alleging mutiny in the Nigerian Military is an impostor and not an army official as reported by some United Kingdom media, the Defense said.

“That degree of cowardice is not in the character of a real soldier of the Nigerian Army. The series of lies contained in the alleged responses of the faceless person referred to as a soldier confirms the whole arrangement as another step of the mischief makers working for terrorists,” the Defense said in a statement from its Headquarters in Abuja.

The Defense said contrary to what the interviewee alleged, no soldier had been sent on any mission without being armed.

“The overwhelming majority of the Nigerian soldiers remain as brave and disciplined as ever. They will certainly not join any renegade, coward, deserter or those trying to incite mutiny in the military to betray the nation at time like this, in a way that impostor told his interviewers,” read a statement.

The statement added claims made by the interviewee were false.

The video by the British media house sought to back up reports the army was not properly equipped to fight the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Certainly soldiers are not being sent to die. We may not have everything now, but we are improving on weapons and equipment rapidly,” the Defense said in a statement.

CAJ News

 

 

 

 

 

 

Short URL: http://cajnewsafrica.com/?p=1157

Posted by on Aug 20 2014. Filed under Africa & World, National, News, Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.