SA denounces Gaza ground invasion

Israel invades Gaza Strip

Israel invades Gaza Strip

JOHANNESBURG – SOUTH Africa has condemned the continued killing of civilians in the Gaza strip.

The country said it was gravely concerned that the illegal ground invasion, which had been rejected by the international community, would continue the endless killing of innocent Palestinian civilians especially the elderly, women and children.

The disproportionate killing by the Israeli forces has to date resulted in
the death of more than 250 Palestinians with almost 2 000 civilians injured.

“The senseless invasion will also see the further destruction of civilian
property and infrastructure,” Clayson Monyela, Department of International Relations and Cooperation, said.

He said South Africa, urged the Israeli Government not to undertake the
ground invasion as it would constitute a violation of international law.

“South Africa therefore strongly urges both Israel and Hamas to work
towards a ceasefire agreement, which will be the basis for the resumption
of negotiations towards a permanent resolution to the conflict – a two-state
solution of a viable Palestine existing side-by-side and in peace with

– CAJ News






Short URL:

Posted by on Jul 18 2014. Filed under Africa & World, National, News, Regional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

CAJ News Sponsored Links

Commonwealth Technology Organisation

Connect to CAJ News on Facebook

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Photo Gallery

Log in
All material © CAJ News Africa. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.